Thursday, May 5, 2011

In the beginning...

My first blog posting...and it only took me 6 months to start it. Well, every good blog has to start somewhere. So this will begin mine....


A piece of our God Story


6 months ago from today (Nov. 5, 2010), my husband and I stepped foot in the beautiful flathead valley of Montana. Everything was new for us at the time, being only 2 weeks married, living in a new state, a new home, a new beginning. If it wasn't for the calling we felt God gave us, we'd probably not have made it. But God gave us clear signs that it was time to go. And only six months before the time we left California (April-May 2010), I was being let go from my full time job, unsure of what the future would bring, wondering if it would be another year before we would marry. But when God hears our prayers, our tears, our praises, our whines, He listens. He was moving in our lives, all around us, working things out, in a time that seemed so empty, when Jaime and I felt like we had nothing to offer, no money and no job....but we had ourselves to give. And so, He took that and made a miracle...He used the little that we gave Him and multiplied it to so many blessings.


For the two years before our Wedding day, we had prayed to be married. We had prayed for the money for a nice wedding, and for a humble home, and to be together. But it wasn't the right timing..so we waited. And I'm glad we waited, because if we hadn't I don't know where we would be right now, or the opportunities we might have missed because of it. 


I know sometimes we feel like we share our story so many times, or that we share too much...but I don't think anyone should feel like they shouldn't share what God did in their life or is doing now in their lives. Our God stories inspire and stir us up, to see God working in the lives of His believers, and to want more in their own lives, or to remind our brothers & sisters to be patient and wait on God, to take steps and leaps of faith. Don't be afraid to share your God stories, because we want to be encouraged by how God is working in your own life! Share! :)


This is only a part of our God story, there is so much more... but I'll wait till next time to share more.


 Our Wedding Day - October 23, 2010






































In Montana, 3 days after our arrival

No comments:

Post a Comment